Thursday, December 8, 2011

In the Beginning...

I have decided to keep a blog so my close friends and family can follow along with me on this crazy journey I have begun. For those of you who don't know what journey I'm speaking of I'll start from the beginning...

I found out in October that I was pregnant. I was 6 weeks when I found out. Currently I'm at week 14. I have had 2 doctor appointments so far and things are going well. I have been able to hear the heartbeat at 9 weeks and my 14 week check up. It was much easier to find the heartbeat this last appointment. It is an amazing sound to hear I must say. The doctor says I am measuring where I need to be. And no I'm not showing yet. Doc says my torso is longer and it will be awhile before I show since I have more room for the babes! Week 18 I get to find out if I'm having a girl or a boy. I'm super excited!

The doctor has been wonderful and extremely supportive. I pray he is on-call or I go into labor during the day so he is there to deliver the baby! I feel like Katherine Heigel from Knocked Up!!

I am not with the father of the baby but he and I are on speaking terms. All I can do at this point is take it a day at a time. I mean really, what else is there to do? I have learned in the past few weeks he has to make the decision to be in this baby's life and if so great if not I'll survive. I have enough family and friends supporting me and cheering me on I'll make it either way. I don't see the father and I getting back together, he thinks it is a possibility but I highly doubt it. I avoid the topic to avoid a fight or awkwardness. I know being together for a baby isn't healthy for anyone involved and I will stick to that. I pray for the best in this situation.

If you have any questions about my journey please feel free to ask! I ask for prayers and support as I figure out this crazy journey! Love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. Sending love vibes your way momma!! And I love the blog!!

    ReplyDelete